International competition for young jewelry designers
Every year Gemworld selects the most exciting young jewelry designers with the Young Designers Corner Award.
We will introduce you to the ten finalists and their pieces of jewelry online on Instagram and Facebook
– and you can vote by like or comment which design you see at the top.
In addition to this audience award, a jury will decide on Friday who can climb onto the podium at the Young Designers Corner Awards.
The jury of experts this year includes:
Dr. Guido Grohmann, General Manager of the Federal Association of Jewelry and Watches
Sonja Kreis, managing director of KREIS Jewelery GmbH & Co. KG, jewel goldsmith with in-depth gemological knowledge
Catharina Schupp, Editor-in-Chief of Schmuck Magazin
and Aneta Blaszczak, Editor-in-Chief of Bliss From Paris.
So take part and like your favorites! We are giving away four day tickets for the Munich Show among all participants.
You can win:
A free stand in the New Design Area at Gemworld Munich 2022
+ 1st place: 1.500 €
+ 2nd place: 1.000€
+ 3rd place: 500 €
+ People’s Choice Award: an article about you in Schmuck Magazin – Germany’s largest jewelry magazine
Conditions of participation
- Students and graduates of design academies and vocational schools on jewelry design, goldsmithing, silversmithing or comparable courses
- Either still in education or having graduated within the last 3 years (reference date August 31st 2018)
- Submission of all application documents by the application deadline (résumé, copy of graduation certificate, written design concept with image / sketch of your object from at least two perspectives)
- Evaluation criteria: innovation, technical implementation, suitability for everyday use